Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Last day of school 2015

(My kindergartener)
(My 1st grader)

Well we just finished our first year of homeschool. Actually, we finished a couple of weeks ago. It's just taken this long to write my post! 
I had so much fun this last year. Not everyday was awesome; as we did have many challenging days, attitudes and issues to get over!  I'm convinced that's just life!  But overall, we had a great first year; zooming by at lightening speed. 
Up until the last day I had preconceived the idea of what the last day of school was going to look like. I pictured a marathon runner about to cross the finish line, arms high in the air, picking up speed, tearing the ribbon with a smile on their face and streamers everywhere. Nope. None of the above!
As soon as the last assignment was complete, we closed the book and that was that!  No flashy lights, just a high five, a congratulations and "you're in first grade now" speech!!!!
Here are their completed worksheets we did this last year. Lina's is purple, Corban's is green. 


One activity we did this year was to make our own book about God's creation. I feel like the kids learn better when they have hands experience. Every week we would discuss a day of creation and put it in our book. Here is the finished assignment!




0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

A Campbell's Kitchen Template by Ipietoon Cute Blog Design