Monday, April 11, 2016

Arise and Shine Conference

So I just hosted and spoke at my very first women's conference. You guys, I am blown away by the presence of the Holy Spirit that was there. First off, I expected maybe 20-25 women. There was close to 50 that showed up. The worship was amazing!  My new friend Sheena ushered us into the Lord's presence with true worship. I am thankful to have met her and for her to be apart of the conference. Her and her husband are directors at Global Impact School of Ministry in Bryan, Texas.  There website is http://www.globalimpactsom.com
Another friend of mine, Susan, came to speak at the afternoon session. Susan is founder and president of Love Never Fails Ministry. Her website is http://www.loveneverfailsministries.com
 Ladies, it was awesome. She tore the house up...in an incredibly good way!  She speaks truth without any color-coated, water down, religious doctrine!  I am absolutely blessed to hear her and also just as blessed that she came to this conference!
I also was able to speak. The Lord put the scripture Isaiah 60:1 on my heart, hence the theme for the conference...Time to Arise and Shine. 
Basically I wanted to encourage the women that we have a light inside us. And that light is a representation of Jesus and who he is in us. That our identity does not come from what we do but who we are in Christ. We are the righteousness of God through Christ Jesus. We are more than conquerors and we are overcomers.  We are the head and not the tail. 

Here's a small portion of notes regarding my message. 
Isaiah 60:1
ARISE, SHINE for your light has come. And the glory of the Lord RISES over you. 
Look at the capitalized words. The word "arise" means to get up from lying down. The word "shine" means to illuminate or be light. That word for shine is the same word used in Genesis 1:3 when God says "let there be LIGHT". So the same light he spoke into existence is living inside of you, inside me!  1 John 1:5 says God is light. It's God in us. Jesus in us. He is the light of the world. Our identity is found in Jesus. He even had an identity. He asked his disciples "who do people say the son of man is?"  Their response: some say you're a teacher or this or that."  It would be like me asking, "who do people say Kelly Campbell is?"  And your response being- you're a wife, mom, homeschool mom. But is that who I am?  No. It's my calling to be those things. But my privilege to be who God says I am. 
I am a child of God. I am a witness to his greatness and power. I am the righteousness of God. I am an overcomer. I am a warrior and I am more than able to take the land. 
So let your light shine. Like Job says "on whom does his light not rise?" 
Love that. Every one of us has a light that gets activated when we become a new creation in Christ. "So let your light shine before men that they may see your great works and praise God who is in Heaven!" Remember, when the light shines inside you, it's Jesus through you. It's his identity or mantle you've taken on.  Don't look at the shadows that follow you. Keep your focus on Jesus. Don't let distractions keep you from seeing your true identity. 
One last thing. Want to share my story with you. Today I was at the store with all my kids. Nothing new, same mundane thing. While I was there a lady approached me and said she felt like she had to talk to me. Long story short, I prayed with her in the middle of the parking lot and prophesied over her. I told her she was not only going to make women beautiful on the outside with her being a Mary Kay consultant but she was going to be in the Father's business of making women see their beauty in themselves but first she had to see that in her. She's crying, I'm overjoyed, my kids are in the car hollering!!  Lol
She hands me a business card and her email address says beautyinsideyou@.... 
I kid you not. So if God can use a homeschool mom, housewife to show the love and light of God, he can use anyone!
Be encouraged. Be the light. 

1 comments:

  1. You did an AWESOME JOB!! I was so blessed to be able to come and be a part. We had a GREAT TIME! The ladies that were with me couldn't stop talking about how great everything was. Thank you for having us. We were all so very blessed <3

    ReplyDelete

 

A Campbell's Kitchen Template by Ipietoon Cute Blog Design