Friday, January 1, 2016

Goodbye 2015

As I look back over 2015 I realize what a roller coaster of emotions that year was: 
•Death of a friend
•Broken relationships
•Passing of a family member
•The start of another homeschool year
•Season of loneliness
•Wes and I become the Young Married's leaders at our church
•Plus so much more (ups and downs)

There was a mixture of hurt, sadness, disappointment along with joy, love, and purpose. Although I'm thankful the year is over I do love looking back. Not with regret but with the knowledge of how God was always there. In the midst of whatever we went through, I could see his love and provision. I learned a lot this year through the situations I had to walk through. Yet, I'm still learning. 
However, I look forward to this new year. I have such a high expectation for 2016. My spirit leaps inside me at the thought of a fresh start, a clean slate, a new season. I love seasons. I love what each brings. 
I'm not going to lie though. New seasons also scare me. As I enter each new year, I try to look down the road  ahead to what the year holds. Fear can sometimes take over. Want to know why?  Because I realize how much control I DON'T HAVE!  It's true though. I love to be in control of things. It helps with organization and planning. It helps with maintaining my home. But it's also a thorn in my flesh. A weak spot. I have no idea what this year will bring. I have no idea what losses I'll experience or what joy I'll have. And yes, it does scare me. But I don't want to walk in that fear. Fear of the unknown. I choose to trust my Heavenly Father. He has gone before me. 
"He has not given me a spirit of fear...." 2 Timothy 1:7
God, I look to you with great expectations this year. I trust you completely. Even though it's hard for me to write this because it sounds so morbid, I'm not going to hide the fact that I surrender these feelings to you. 
Your ways are not our ways and neither are your thoughts. "What joy for those whose strength is in the Lord.." Psalm 84:5

Happy new year. May the glory of God be in our homes, our hearts and in our relationships in 2016!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

A Campbell's Kitchen Template by Ipietoon Cute Blog Design