Thursday, September 17, 2015

Chocolate Coconut Bars

I've realized I have yet to post a recipe on my blog. It is after all a Campbell's kitchen and what is that without a recipe?  Lately I have been on a low carb...I'm not going to say the "D" word. I'm not dieting. Darn, I said it. What I like to call it is a temporary life style change or meal replacement!  Ha. However, with that being said, I have been craving all things sweet. And while I haven't cracked yet, I almost did as I watched my sweet and utterly naive husband indulge himself in a bowl of ice cream with hot fudge topping. I say naive because I don't think he knew how close to getting hurt he actually was. But I overlooked his offense and chose to see him challenge me and strengthen my resolve. I mean, what's a better thing for a spouse to do than help you become a stronger person?! Ok, so I guess he redeemed himself!  Lol. 
Back to my recipe. Like I said, I've been wanting something sweet so I took to my recipe binder. You heard right. I have a recipe binder; two in fact. One is filled with savory meals for dinner. Along with soups, salads, dressings, sides. The other binder is all my desserts and bread/muffin recipes. So yes, it takes two. Went straight to my desert divider. Not only do I have binders, I have each category separated with dividers!  What?  Don't judge me! Bet I'm not the only one who does that. (Now would be a good time to raise your hand and say "I do that too"). 
These are low carb and perhaps good for you. Depends on how you look at "healthy"!
This is the original recipe, however I doubled mine because I feed an entire clan and I'm not ashamed to admit, I did make more for me to enjoy! There, I said it!  Again, don't judge! Lol

Chocolate Coconut Bars
1/2 C Cocoa powder
1/2 C Coconut oil, melted
1/2 C Peanut butter
1/4 C Honey
1 tsp Vanilla

Mix all together 
Pour in mini muffin pan
Chill 30-45 minutes in the freezer
Pop out with butter knife and enjoy. 
*can freeze or refrigerate for up to 2 weeks


My kids did help but it was way too hard to capture photos while chocolate was out for the taking. 


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

A Campbell's Kitchen Template by Ipietoon Cute Blog Design